Re: road racers vs. autocrossers

To: "Marcus E. Merideth" <marcus@teleweb.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: road racers vs. autocrossers
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:46:41 -0500
Although this doesn't _exactly_ respond to the original question,
I can tell you that getting started in road racing is a lot
better if you have some autocross experience.  As a car rentor
(as opposed to being the renter), I've seen numerous folks with
no clue about driving "quickly" and they would have done much
better to get some seat time driving near the limits of a car
before they went onto a race track.

Bruce Wentzel     Green Dot Racing, Inc.     Road Race & Solo II
rentals
BSP 71 Corvette LS6 - the original Greendot;  RX-7's; 83 ITA, 84
ITS, 86 ITS
One person brake bleeding with Speed Bleeders, racer discount 20%
Ask me about 24 hr / 7 day $.07/minute long distance service