Re: road racers vs. autocrossers

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: road racers vs. autocrossers
From: "Marcus E. Merideth" <marcus@teleweb.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:24:59 -0500
My limited experience road racing has lead me to believe autocrossing is
a great way to learn car control.  I don't do great but I do ok when I
road race and I learn the courses very fast.  After two practice
sessions and a course walk, I have a pretty good idea of the line, break
points and shift points.  A few of my road racing friends have tried
autocrossing and not liked it.  They don't learn courses fast enough.
They improve greatly each run but don't hit the ground fast.  Opinions
may very.  This one is mine, form your own.

Marcus Merideth