Re: GT6 Mk3 in CSP

To: <Gemery@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk3 in CSP
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:37:49 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Gemery@aol.com <Gemery@aol.com>

>>How competitive is a Triumph GT6 in C Street Prepared?
>
>As much as I'm fond of the beasts, they're probably not competitive these
>days.  Biggest hurdle is getting fender clearance in the front for really
wide
>rims/tires; however, the Spitfire guys seem to manage.

Flares are legal in Street Prepared.

>Second biggest hurdle
>is power... I think it's safe to assume that the pushrod motor will peak
out
>at around 120-130 HP with triple Webers trying to push a 1900 lb (1969's
>weight, add 50 lbs for later cars) nose heavy car.  Radiator is weenie and
>transmission is weak.

These are more significant problems.

>Steering rate is slow.

Really?  Isn't this the same rack as in the Europa?

>>I've never understood why the TR-6 is in DSP while the GT-6 is in CSP.
TR-6
>has better acceleration and, in SP trim, similar handling.

Hell, I'd like to see a certain member of our online community take his TR6
to Topeka in H Stock.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/