Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation

To: Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:32:48 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Robert M. Pickrell Jr. wrote:
> I fail to understand your reference. Webster defines Balkanize: To
> divide a region
> or territory into small, often hostile units. As you sasying the rule
> books will
> become
> hostile, or the neighboring regions. At any rate I did reference the
> need to publish
>
> regional modifications to the rules just like in street tire classes,
> x-classes and

I think he was saying that for folks like me that don't mind travelling to
different regions and want to run pretty much every weekend that lots of
local customization of the rulebook could make our life difficult.  I
agree with him that I'd rather have a single rulebook that the region
chose to overlook if needed rather than local regional rulebooks that were
followed to the letter by local 'rule book lawyers'.

> You can write any secnario you want but if there is a performance
> advantage then
> this is
> not im my opionion a weenie protest. And we are not talking about the

My personal opinion on the whole protest thing is that any protest at the
regional level that didn't start with the protestor talking with the
protestee on an unofficial level would be weenie.  In addition, at a
regional level if someone wants to win bad enough that they protest me,
I'll just voluntarily dq myself.  I won't be in a car that isn't legal,
but I have no interest whatsoever in taking something that I currently
enjoy and turning it into some argument with a guy who's ego can't handle
getting beaten.

Mark