Re: Autocross Run Group Question

To: msirota@isc.upenn.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocross Run Group Question
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:16:24 -0500

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:09:47 -0500 Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
writes:
>bthatch@juno.com wrote:
>> Atlanta Region SCCA's Team Solo is considering the possibility of
>> changing to 4 run groups with two running/working in the morning
>and
>> two running/working in the afternoon.

(snip)

>> This would also cut in half the amount of time working the course.
>
>Why?  Did people used to work the entire day?  You still need the
>same
>number of man-hours to run the event; assuming the same number of
>people, they need to work the same amount of time.  You might
>actually
>need a few more people, since the split-day format requires a little
>more organization.  You might also theorize that you'd get a few more
>entrants.

Because right now we have been running 2 run groups a day. We have
averaged 80 plus entrants per event. Therefore each entrant had to work
while roughly 40 driver's made their runs. With the split format you
would only have to work for roughly 20 drivers making their runs.
However, if attendance increases, which we hope it will with this format,
then entrants will be working more than half the time.

Ben Thatcher