Re: Autocross Run Group Question

To: "Rick Brown" <rikracer@cwix.com>, <bthatch@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: Autocross Run Group Question
From: "Glenn Duensing" <rebel128@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:42:45 -0800
>>Atlanta Region SCCA's Team Solo is considering the possibility of
>>changing to 4 run groups with two running/working in the morning and two
>>running/working in the afternoon. The reasons for considering this change
>>are:
>

>CalClub Region has run this way for a very long time and it works quite
>well.  We have at times (when turnouts seem to be running very large) had 6
>run groups.  Our groups were made up some time ago to try to make up
>relatively even group sizes based on our typical entries.  The groups are
>rotated one spot each event, so you don't always run at the same time.
>
>Rick Brown

Going a little bit far, Cal Club used to run eight when we used to have 200+
entries, then as the entries fell, when to 6 then 4.

The only problem I had with 4 groups and 160+ entries was the 2 hour run
groups and 30-45 minutes between runs.  Hard core driver don't mind but
novice and the causal drivers didn't like standing around.

So Ben, I say it depends on the amount of drivers you have.

Glenn