Re: Autocross Run Group Question

To: Glenn Duensing <rebel128@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Autocross Run Group Question
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:00:00 -0800
Glenn Duensing wrote:

> The only problem I had with 4 groups and 160+ entries was the 2 hour run
> groups and 30-45 minutes between runs.  Hard core driver don't mind but
> novice and the causal drivers didn't like standing around.
>
> So Ben, I say it depends on the amount of drivers you have.

Very good point. To the person who mentioned about running in the dry
while your competitor runs in the rain, all folks in the same class in
SoCal run at the same time...well, frankly I sandbagged a little bit
Sunday...but your supposed to run at the same time. 8)

I think Glenn brings up a good point though. During our San Diego
Practice events, we run 4 runs groups. As much as I like driving them, I
really hate working them. Perhaps not everyone shares this, but have a
hard time maintaining concentration after over an hour of watching the
same cars go by the same cones. And not focusing on working, as
mentioned before, is not safe. I much rather during normal days, run and
work in shorter groups. My 2 more cents.

Randy Chase
San Diego