Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question

To: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 15:55:04 -0700
After reading all these posts on tow vehicles, I finally have to chime in.
We've been firm believers in vans. Went from a 318 Dodge to a 460 Ford mainly
because the Rockies sort of brought the Dodge to a halt. The only time the
460 runs out of steam is above 10,000 feet. Admittedly we only two a 1000 lb.
car, and a lightweight one-axle trailer, but the van is loaded to the gills
with Lotus parts (we always need a lot of spares), and all the weather gear,
etc. needed for Kansas.
    We were strongly considering getting a new van, along the same lines as
the old, but have instead decided to install an overdrive on the van, and an
extra gas tank. It's sort of like piloting a boat, no matter how fast or slow
you go, you stop every two hours to fill up again. We hope with the new
additions, we will only have to stop every four hours, or so.
    The Ford van now has 130,000 miles on it, and has rarely let us down;
sturdy beast. I wouldn't go to any other manufacturer, IMHO.
--Pat Kelly