Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:48:39 -0800
At 07:08 PM 1/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Alan's secret for stuffing his Miata to a fullness akin to a Mini Cooper
>vomiting circus clowns is simple.  He's a complete and utter masochist!:-)
>I co-drove with him last year at the SF region divisional.  Part of the
>deal was that I transport the car to the race and back.  Hmm... chance to
>drive a new style Miata down to California and back?  Can I say 'yes' fast
>enough?  The top had to be up because the shelf behind the seats was
>needed to carry important stuff.  Hmm... Okay, I'd rather drive topless,
>but it's a Miata, it'll be fun anyway.  The drive was fun, until I made it
>to the hot part of sunny California.  By the time I reached the race site,
>I had lost several pounds from perspiration and could barely remember my
>name due to heat induced dementia.

But Bret, you would have passed out *earlier* if you had been towing a
trailer because of California's %*%&^!! 55-mph speed limit for cars with
trailers. By not towing you were able to drive 70 instead of 55 and thus
save yourself at least 2 hours on the road! You should _thank_ me for
saving you from those extra two hours in the hot sun :-).

BTW Bret's exaggerating, his dementia started long before he climbed into
the Miata :-).

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                    | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA         | work: alan.dahl@attws.com