Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question - Expedition

To: lwilson1@ford.com, hottvr@tfs.net, jhadler@rmi.net
Subject: Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question - Expedition
From: FMAPEAIA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:45:17 EST
I towed my '95 M3 with a 5.4 powered Expedition for two years. At almost
5000#'s pulling an 1100# alum trailer and a 3100# car, the Expedition never
lost it's breath - not even thru the mountains near Pittsburgh. Very
comfortable and the gas mileage was not much less at 70 mph - compared to
without a trailer.

The truck (4X4 version) sits a little high and the wheel base is short for
evasive maneuvers, but other than that I liked it. Ford's build quality for
the trucks seems better than most.

There are some reasonable supercharger and brake kits now if you want better
stopping and better acceleration.

Frank Adams

BTW, what you really need is a rig like the BFG truck. I followed him east
from Nationals at 85 mph with a few spurts to 95mph from Topeka to St. Louis.