Re: [Alpines] Oil pressure regulator valve

To: <JACranwell@aol.com>, <tom.hill@att.net>, <kb9csw@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Oil pressure regulator valve
From: Łauri <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 21:05:18 +0200
The thing is, that gauge seems to act at it should, but pressure is too
low  as well at idle as with revs. It seems as it shows all time too
little pressure. I could fill the pipe halfways, and it got better
ratings. First it was about 2 bar too low, now only 1 bar. I can not
remember it exactly, but in my opinion it shows as relief valve works
ok, there is a sharp stop in pressure rising with cold oil, as if the
valve opens. But it all is too low. The gauge worked well before engine
swap, but then there were badly worn bearings and pistons. Engine had
then very low pressure when hot and idling.
We did measure the pump but  we had imperial blades (inches) and we
thought they were metric. So it is possible oil pump is also worn, tough
it did not show much worn.

Lauri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer
mobile: +358 (0) 400 851988