Re: [Alpines] Oil pressure regulator valve

To: D W Spearing <kb9csw@juno.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Oil pressure regulator valve
From: "jarrid_gross@earthlink.net" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 07:47:49 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
The article is here:
http://www.team.net/www/rootes/sunbeam/alpine/mk1-5/techtips/techtips.html

Depending on the specific model relief valve, the regulated pressure should
be between 40 and 50 PSI at 2000 RPM and up.

If the pressure is much lower then that, then either the bearing clearances
are too loose, the pump is shot, the relief valve is stuck open, or the gauge
is not accurate.

The purpose of the modification is not to fix clearance problems, but rather
to increase pressure for modified engines.

HTH

Jarrid Gross