Re: [Alpines] Oil pressure regulator valve

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Oil pressure regulator valve
From: "Allan Ballard" <aballard@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 13:34:32 -0500
I think the oil pressure valves can mess up in different ways.

The one that came installed on my SIV (1725 engine)was an early style and it
stuck. I cleaned it and it stuck again.

That valve and also the base plate was changed for a later steel style valve
which worked fine for a while.

Now apparently it also sticks. Sometimes my oil pressure gauge sticks at
some reading or another, other times it goes to zero but it comes unstuck.

It is a NOS steel valve, "best" one offered for Alpines.

I guess it needs inspection for a burr.

Allan
http://home.netcom.com/~aballard/