Re: Fwd: BOY SCOUTS NEED YOUR HELP!

To: Alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: BOY SCOUTS NEED YOUR HELP!
From: rgibbs@pacbell.net
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:23:36 -0800
> From: T.J. Higgins <tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com>

> snip
> > There are more draconian measures that can be taken to keep the list
> > on topic.  Believe me, you don't want me to implement them.  I think
> > doing so would kill the list, and someone else would just go start
> > another Alpines list on egroups.com or whatever.  Plus, it would mean
> > a lot more work for me, so you can rest assured that I don't want me
> > to implement them, either!

Aren't we over reacting a bit here?  I leave town for a couple of days
and return to find the list in an uproar because a member posted an off
topic subject (defense of the Boy Scouts).  The reactions are much more
numerous, and in some cases are personally directed at the original
sender or are making nasty remarks about the Boy Scouts.

I have a suggestion, if you don't like a post, ignore it.  If a person
posts off topic issues often enough to be a problem, then there are
steps that can be taken, but let's cut this poor guy slack. Please.

And by the Mr T. J. Higgins, that reminds me to say thanks again for the
effort that you put into this list, this is great!

-Roger