Re: [6pack] Tri carb set up

To: dave n <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Tri carb set up
From: glemon--- via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 4:08:51 +0000
Cc: dave n via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Maybe not fair, but I was using the number for the manifold and three carbs,
which was something like $1600, I agree with the guy who suggested the emission
strombergs are not as easily tuneable as early SUs or even early strombergs.

I did have my flywheel lightened locally, for about $70 if I recall right, shop
run by old timers who charge old time prices, can look up bearings and seals
and even brake shoe linings in real books with specs, rather than being lost
without make and model, but I digress, I trust them and the work they do.

Cam and lifters redone at Delta cams for about $120, dont know the exact cost
of the head, it was done with the rest of the motor, and the cost will vary
depending on what else "while you have it off and apart".

I have another head I am going to go with for a lttle higher compression and
cleaned up the ports, interested to see what that will do.  I have read 9.5 or
10.0 to 1 is about as high as you want to go with a street motor, but no
personal experience other than with my own motor, I was thinking 10 to 1 with
the new head, but you have me thinking I might bump it a little more.

Greg Lemon