Re: [6pack] Tri carb set up

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Tri carb set up
From: dave n via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 14:06:33 -0500
I'm curious - the manifold kit is $399.  add $100 for another carb (and
that's high), and you are at $499.  you are saying you can have the head
shaved, get a mild cam, and add a lightened flywheel for less than $500?????

camshafts are in the $200 to $300 range, then you have to change out tappets
or have them cut.  maybe you can get the head shaved for under $200, but if
you have it out you should have it redone, or at least checked out.  adding
that pressure and you really should get a better head gasket.  add some
miscellaneous stuff and you are well over $500.

buying a lightened flywheel is $300 to $500.  I guess you could have yours
lightened for less, but it better be by someone who really knows what they
are doing.  if a flywheel grenades it will take off your foot.

I don't see how your numbers work unless you have a machine shop and you did
all this yourself.

and, btw, no reason to stop at 9.5 to 1.  you can run close to 11 on these
cars.  I'm over 10 and I know Richard Good is over 12 on his car with no ill
effects.