Re: [6pack] Tri carb set up

To: dave n <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Tri carb set up
From: glemon--- via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 14:17:48 +0000
Cc: dave n via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
I dont have it on my car, and if you want a simple bolt on that looks good and
may give a little more power I am sure it will do the trick.  If your goal is
to make the car quicker, you will get more bang for the buck getting the head
shaved to get about 9.5/1 compression, getting a mild regrind on the cam, and,
if you have the engine or tranny out shaving some weight off the flywheel.  All
can be done for less than the the cost of the triple manifold set with carbs.
Of course there is also more work and down time involved.

That is how my car is set up, I got a chance to run an electronically timed
quarter mile a couple years back.  Consistent 16.7s, vs. Road and Track's time
for a stock TR250 of 17.9.  It purrs like a kitten and pulls great out of tight
corners.

If you want them cause you want them do it.  You can always do more upgrades
later :).

Greg Lemon
68 TR250