Re: [6pack] UPDATE: Lighting issue - I found out what it is not

To: Ken <k_nachman@comcast.net>, "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] UPDATE: Lighting issue - I found out what it is not
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:52:56 -0700
        Ken:

        Sounds like you have a bad headlight switch. The power for the tail
lights,
side markers and instrument lighting is controlled by the headlight switch.
The fact that you have no power to the instrument fuse says that there is a
problem with the switch, or perhaps with the wire from the switch to the fuse
box.
        Pop out the headlight switch, and check for voltage at the pin with the
R/G
wire when the parking lights are switched on. If there is no voltage, then the
switch is bad. If there is voltage, then the wire between the switch and the
fuse box is open, or perhaps has corroded connectors. Either way it is a
problem with the wire itself.
        My bet is that the switch is bad. They are very light duty switches, and
don't hold up well over time. The good news is that the switches are readily
available and cheap.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom