Re: [6pack] UPDATE: Lighting issue - I found out what it is not

To: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [6pack] UPDATE: Lighting issue - I found out what it is not
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:30:06 -0700
        Folks:

        I want to add my $0.02 to Robert. Upgrading to simple quartz halogen
replacements for your 1970's vintage sealed beam is a wonderful upgrade, and
improves your night safety.
        My TR6 still had it's original Lucas sealed beams, and as reluctant as
I was
to get rid of them for authenticity's sake I did anyway. No wiring mods needed
(they don't draw any more current than sealed beams) and 40% more light! For
an old fart like me with bad eyes, a bad back, and a bad attitude they were a
real revelation.
        If you haven't already done so, trot down to your local auto parts
store,
plop down $15 for a set of quartz halogen replacements and do the upgrade!
        Make note: This is one of those rare occasions when RML and I actually
agree
=;-o

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette