Re: [6pack] OT: 6-pack Forums / Cross posting

To: "'Kendall Larsen'" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>, "'6pack List'"
Subject: Re: [6pack] OT: 6-pack Forums / Cross posting
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:23:26 -0400
I've been on the Triumph Mail List for about 12 years now (before I even had
a car!) and the 6 Pack Mail List and 6 Pack Forum for about a year. I don't
know why it took me so long to find 6 pack but it did. I also frequent the
British Car Forum which is probably the forum equivalent of the Triumph Mail
List. I don't see much cross posting between any of the mail lists or forums
though I've done it a few times.

For me, the biggest forum advantage is the posting of pictures to help
explain or resolve a problem. A picture IS worth a thousand words. As others
have pointed out, the forum has everything grouped by topic and you can
subscribe to a topic and get notified when someone has added to the thread.
>From a server standpoint, the forum seems much more stable. Maybe it's just
me but there's times when I'll get little or no List email for a few days
followed by an influx of emails a day or two later. Having said all of
that......the Triumph Mail List has supported me through 10 years of
restoration and I'll always stay subscribed to try and help others as the
List members helped me. But I'm not dropping the Forums either :-)

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection