Re: [6pack] OT: 6-pack Forums / Cross posting

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] OT: 6-pack Forums / Cross posting
From: Alan Atkinson <alanatkinson@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:27:42 -0400
>From what I've seen (and I monitor this list as well as moderating the
website), there isn't much duplication of posting. Obviously I'm biased, but
I'd love to see everyone migrate to using the website, as it is wholly under
the control of the club.  For interest, currently we get about 15000 hits a
day, 85% of them in the forums and most of the rest in the members areas.
Activity is up about 50% over the last two years. If you are a member of the
6-Pack club and don't use the site, you are missing out. There is a ton of
stuff in the members area, and we're planning to add a lot more to it now that
the site revamp is complete. So just to echo Todd's parting words: I too would
encourage folks to visit and check out the site. You never know, you just
might like it. Club Members - your subscriptions are paying for it, so you
might as well get some use out of it.  See you at the TRials...Alan
Atkinson6-Pack Webmaster.

> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 05:11:40 -0700> From: red_tr250@yahoo.com> To:
mailkendall@sbcglobal.net; 6pack@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [6pack] OT:
6-pack Forums / Cross posting> > Hi Kendall,> > My gut feel (don't have
numbers to prove) is that most> posters on the 6-pack forum do not use this
list and> the same can be said the other way around. This list> has been
around a long time...a few years more than> the 6-pack forum(s) so you'd think
this list would> have more folks on it. BUT, there are a TON of> registered
users on the 6-pack forum. I'm not sure> how many subscribe to this list, but
there are almost> 5300 registered users at the 6-pack site. The number> of
hits each day is staggering. > > I encourage folks to visit & check out what's
goin'> on. > > Cheers,> > Todd Bermudez> 6-PACK Editor> cd198l> > > ---
Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net> wrote:> > > I finally wandered over
to the 6-pack forums. > > > > http://www.6-pack.org/sixpack/phpbb2/> > > > and
it looks like there is some good discussion> > going on there. Wondering if
people are cross> > posting at all between this list and the forums? I> >
never bothered to get onto the 'big' triumphs list> > either. I guess one can
only keep up with so many> > conversations. But I might start checking out
the> > forums more, are there lots of people here reading> > the forum daily?>
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > 6pack@autox.team.net>
You are subscribed as alanatkinson@hotmail.com
Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with
Windows..
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/