Re: [6pack] Missing under load

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "John North"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Missing under load
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 00:06:32 -0600
John,

I made a tool to set the jets at a certain depth by grounding a 3/8 inch bolt
(2 1/2" long) flat as I could get it and then double nutting the bolt to the
depth I wanted to set the jet.  I checked it at various stages of beating the
jet downward...it takes some serious and well placed blows..with a digital
caliper with a depth probe.  If you go too far you can drive the jet back the
other way with a bronze valve guide for a Honda (got mine from Apple
Hydraulics so call them for details) that fits right over the bottom of the
jet so you can pound it without destroying it.  I also used some of AH's lean
B1A needles to overcome a running rich problem at 5280 ft..  A fuel pressure
regulator made a big difference too.

Bud

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)