Re: [6pack] Missing under load

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>, Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Missing under load
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 07:18:24 GMT
John---The jets are pressed in.To get your jets down lower than the .108 you
now have, here's how:

Cut a piece of 1/8 inch thick steel stock, small enough to fit over the jet,
but not so large as to touch the bushing that the jet is pressed into. (A piece
of 1/8 key stock about .187 long should work nicely)
Lay this stock across the jet and tap it down with a suitable punch to where it
(the key stock) is even with the top of the bridge. This will put the top of
the jet at a .125 depth.

Lowering the jets will certainly allow for a richer mix, but in honesty, this
"extra" depth is equivalent to about 1/2 turn on the screw adjustment that sets
needle height. (Lowering the jet is akin to raising the needle, so far as the
anular opening) So unless youve used up all of the needle height adjustment and
still want more, this jet lowering won't give you much of a difference.

I know you don't want to think about getting into the electricals, so here's
another idea:
Since you have a performance cam, be sure the lash is set to the cam grinder's
recommendation.

Let us know how you make out on all of this...

Dick