Re: [6pack] Missing under load

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Missing under load
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 19:32:34 -0400
Thanks for all the comments.   I am so sick of working the electrical
side, I decided to work on the carbs.

I topped up the dashpots with 90wt oil (which is recommended by John
Twist the MGB guru).   I noticed some improvement there.   I think I
will try the B1E needles again - these give about a 10% increase in
flow.   I did this before and didn't see any improvement, but then I
found several electrical issues that were no doubt contributing.

I did not change the jets when I did the carb rebuild, because they
did not come with the kit.   John Curto recommends having the jets at
least .120 below the deck even as much as .160 below.   Mine are .108.
 How do I move these jets?   Do I need some kind of fancy press?
Can I do it with a punch?