Re: [6pack] Miata seat conversion

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Miata seat conversion
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 11:28:40 +0000
Miata seats to original Triumph rails via 3 ft angle-iron:

I've posted pics with descriptions at www.triumphowners.com/776.

They're working great. Write if you have any questions.

Sloane :)> > BTW, as for mounting, I took an unorthodoxed approach to the
conversion. I> fashioned a bracket to connect the Miata seats (minus the Miata
rails) to the> Triumph seat rails using a 3 ft piece of angle-iron, cut into 4
pieces.> Basically made the bottom of the Miata seat look and function like
the bottom> of the Triumph seat. It tilts forward, but of course doesn't have
a catch to> connect at the rear. Only taken one test drive, so not sure how
well the> design will hold up under extended use, but the fit seems just
right.> > Sloane :)