RE: [6pack] Early vs Late Head

To: Robert Breazeale <RobertBreazeale@msn.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Early vs Late Head
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:10:12 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Robert Breazeale wrote:

> I don't mean to hijack this topic, but I've been following it with interest.
> I was wondering, is there any advantage in putting the later head onto an
> early block?  Or is it even possible?

The late head will bolt right up to the block. No probs there.

You WILL have to change the intake manifold to the later style. I'm not
sure if the carb air cleaner will clear the TR250 inner fender, but it
should. AS you may know, the late-style cars have a different inner fender
(probably the same as the PI cars.

regards,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489