Re: [6pack] Vibration

To: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>,6-Pack List Serve
Subject: Re: [6pack] Vibration
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:56:32 -0400
Rick,

Although it may be hard to believe for a ship not to know this, there is a
particular alignment of the sliding yoke to the driveshaft.  If it is
reassembled incorrectly the driveshaft balance is 'out of phase' and will cause
an obvious vibration within certain speeds.  When I took my driveshaft to a
shop for balancing they found this to be the case (my fault) and corrected it.
I was told it was fine once corrected, not needing any further attention from
them.

There is a stamped arrow at the end of the driveshaft and one at the end of the
sliding yoke (looks like ->).  It may be faint and need a wire brush to clean
the area but it's there.  Those two arrow must line up.

Greg
CD6250L

> From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>

.......how likely is it that the shop guys might have done something