[6pack] Speedo Woes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Speedo Woes
From: JHMDDS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:27:22 EDT
I'm having some problems with my speedometer.  Hope someone can help.  Soon
after having the New Zealand Toyota speed conversion, my speedo needle began
jumping around.  Later it stopped working completely.

Thinking the cable was new and not knowing the drill trick, I sent the speedo
off to be repaired.  After it came back I put it in and nothing.  I checked
the cable and saw that it was not turning.  Took out the cable and it was
broken at the sharp bend just outside the drive angle.  Thanks the Herman Van
Der
Akker, I soon had a new cable and an adaptor to change the sharp turn into a
straight shot.

The repaired speedo goes in and nothing.  I checked using the drill trick and
the needle goes up to about 50mph.  I checked the cable while driving and the
square end turns.  It doesn't turn as fast as I thought it would but it does
turn and turns faster at higher speeds.

I have another speedo that goes up to about 70mph with the drill and it won't
work in the car either.  There are still 3-4 threads showing on the speedo
shaft after the cable is fully tightened.  I'm afraid either the cable isn't
turning fast enough or the inner cable doesn't go into the speedo far enough
but
those are only guesses.  Can anyone help?

Regards,

James '75 Tr6