Re: Front suspension issues

To: cregg.cowan@sri.com
Subject: Re: Front suspension issues
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:13:27 EST
In a message dated 3/27/2006 9:36:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cregg.cowan@sri.com writes:

> You raise a good point about tightening the suspension points with the load
>
> on the suspension. I haven't been doing that but I'd be surprised if I
> *always* did something different to the left versus what I did to the
> right.  However, I'll try (harder) to do better next time!
>
> Thanks,
> Cregg

Cregg,
As I said I never do that either.  I just tighten them up while in the air
them take for a good drive with some AutoX maneuvers figuring it will settle in.

You know if you take you car to a good shop for a four wheel alignment (a
must for the IRS cars) they should be able to tell you if the frame is twisted
or
has any issues.  I have a TR3B that was hit pretty hard in the right front
frame rail.  It has a slight lean to it so the guys at the alignment shop did
the best they could and told me not to worry about it since the proper fix is
frame off.  I had a 76 Spit with the same issue only magnified by 10 and I
tried
to have the frame straightened with the body on.  That did not work and I
eventually changed frames.
You said all idea's were welcome,
Cheers,
Darrell