RE: Front suspension issues

To: "Cregg Cowan" <cregg.cowan@sri.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front suspension issues
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:39:21 -0800
        Cregg:

        I am sorry if I am covering the same ground again, but I did not
seem to get the first part of this thread.

        You mentioned your car is leaning to the left, as mine did when
I first got it. I too changed my springs, with no success. You mentioned
that you changed your bushings. May I ask which ones?
        My experience was that it is the trailing arm bushings that make
the car lean. The extra weight on the drivers side causes that side of
the car to settle over time (perhaps the engine torque contributes too).
Replacing the trailing arm bushings corrects the lean. Ultimately I used
poly urethane as the rubber bushings began to sag again after only 1
year. I will see how long the urethane bushings last. Others had told me
to use urethane, but being an originality nut I used rubber. After the
car sagged again I switched to Urethane, but I did use BLACK urethane so
it LOOKS original. I was an abused child, that is why I get so anal
about things like this.....

        Vance