RE: Broken Clutch Fork Pictures Part 1

To: "6pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Broken Clutch Fork Pictures Part 1
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:18:59 -0800
        Kendall:

        Since you are pulling the tranny, why not pop in an overdrive
while you are in there? It is a good shipwright's project...

        It is difficult to tell, but it seems that your rear seal on the
tranny may be leaking. Replacing it is trivial with the tranny out. Did
you think something else was leaking? Where do YOU think the leak is
coming from? If it is leaking from the shift rods, you need to remove
the top cover and disassemble it to replace the o-rings. I tend to doubt
that is the source of the leak as the oil and dirt get thicker as you
move towards the tail of the tranny. You may also have a leak from the
speedo drive. There is an o-ring and a seal in there that should be
replaced to cure that.
        When you replace the fork and pin, be sure to cross drill the
fork and drive in a roll pin. No point getting back in later to do the
job over...