RE: Front suspension issues

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Front suspension issues
From: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:40:47 -0800
Hi Vance,

Thanks for the interest.  The more ideas on what to look for the better.

I changed *all* the bushings to urethane (SuperPro from BFE, if memory
serves) -- trailing arm, front upper a-arm, front lower a-arm.  If there's
another bushing somewhere please let me know!   The lean to the left did
not go away (although handling certainly improved!).
I even swapped sides with my new springs to no avail.

In the interest of completeness, here's a list of thoughts on why a car
might lean to one side:
        - worn out bushings
        - weak spring
        - spring packing piece (aluminum ring) on one side
        - lower a-arms upside down on one side
        - frame damage

In a few days I may be able to add "mismatched ball joint tapers," but I
don't know for sure yet.
Please add any other ideas!

Regards,
Cregg