OD assembly: gssket location

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: OD assembly: gssket location
From: "adsl709847@tiscali.nl" <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:52:05 +0100 (CET)
List,

I am currently reassembling a J-type OD. I have a question with regard
to the gaskets that go on each side of the brake ring. These gaskets
are the same in outline but of different material: One is very thin and
of some sort of fiber reinforced paper (and blue for that matter), the
other is of a thick cardboard type variety (and black). The OD
reassembly procedures of Nelson Riedel for instance acknowledges that
they are different but don't tell which goes where. Who does know?

Thanks,

Marc
'74 TR6, The Netherlands (and snow in the air...)