OD assembly: gssket location

To: <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD assembly: gssket location
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:35:05 -0700
Marc, the OD gearbox that I just rebuilt is still out of the car so I'll
take a look at it tonight and see if I can make out which is which.
ISTR that both were thick and orange.

John Lumia

1976 TR6

Louisville, CO

I am currently reassembling a J-type OD. I have a question with regard
to the gaskets that go on each side of the brake ring. These gaskets are
the same in outline but of different material: One is very thin and of
some sort of fiber reinforced paper (and blue for that matter), the
other is of a thick cardboard type variety (and black). The OD
reassembly procedures of Nelson Riedel for instance acknowledges that
they are different but don't tell which goes where. Who does know?