RE: OD assembly: gssket location

To: <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD assembly: gssket location
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 08:18:08 -0800
        Marc:

        I am not going to be able to help you here, I am afraid.

        My recollection is (fuzzy by now. Sorry, getting old) that the
gaskets were the same thickness, but were not identical (the differences
were tiny, however) and that by trial and error I realized that there
was only one way the gaskets would go on. It seems like in one location
either gasket would fit, but in the other location only one of the two
gaskets would fit.
        Of course, I got it wrong the first time, so it was most of the
way back together before I realized I had swapped the gaskets. Sigh.
Typical. Mumble, mumble.
        Sorry. As I said, I don't think that will help you much.

        Vance