Re: Fl;ywheel Balancing Questions

To: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fl;ywheel Balancing Questions
From: Ed Bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 19:31:46 -0600
Bruce:

Usually when balancing you take the clutch, disc, flywheel, crankshaft, rods
and pistons in so they can all be balanced together, so when they are all
bolted together they will still be balanced.

 I do not know if there is any advantage to balancing only a flywheel with
or without the clutch and disc.

Maybe I am wrong, but I always assumed that those drill holes or a shaved
down areas on a new flywheel was from factory balancing.

Ed Bratt
1976TR6