Fw: J-Type OD conversion pump cam clips

To: "John North" <jnorth@novagate.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: J-Type OD conversion pump cam clips
From: "Marc Nederkoorn" <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:20:00 +0100
To Vance, Marc, Jay, John  and interested listers:

 I think the recently discussed Spring Clip, and I did find it in the
Rimmers
 catalog:
 See
 http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/triumph/tr6/overdrive-J

 16.  Spring Clip (around mainshaft) - (1) - 159503

 has a very straightforward use: it covers a groove in the OD mainshaft thus
 compensating for the indent. And the groove is needed for machining the
 shaft: Otherwise you cannot cut the splines. I think the clip eases
mounting
 the OD on the mainshaft and beyond that has no function. If you already
have
 mounted the OD and discover this particular part still on the workbench not
 to worry. Of course thats just my opinion but from Vance's perspective: I
 wouldn't loose any sleep on this one!

 I have attached pictures of the Spring Clip mounted for those who asked
 already. The 'Clips1' pic shows both clips, I marked them. The 'Spring
Clip'
 pic is somewhat blurry but is a close-up of the spring Clip and that part
is
 clearly visible.
As the list will have stripped the attachements just give me a note off-list
 and I will send the pics.

 Regards,

 Marc

Spring Clip.jpg]