Carb rebuilding

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb rebuilding
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:03:19 EST
I'm considering rebuilding my carbs myself.  They work fine, but leak both
oil and gas. The throttle shafts seem fine. What are the pitfalls of doing this
myself?  I'm choking on the price quoted by a number of vendors ($175/carb
...I need 3).  I bought the Haynes manual.  It seems lacking.  Are there any
web
sites or other resources out there?  I've rebuilt the rest of the car myself
including the engine.  I'd like to be able to say I did the carbs as well, but
I'm a little apprehensive.
Joe