RE: Spin on oil filter adaptor

To: "Sean OBrien" <saob_100@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Spin on oil filter adaptor
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:00:28 -0400
Just occurred to me that you may be talking about the spin off filter..

You do need to angle the filter towards the front of the engine a few
degrees so that the bottom of the filter clears the rear of the slave
cylinder. I use a filter wrench that fits onto a standard half inch
socket wrench and grips the bottom of the filter.

Stan

<snip>
This weekend I changed the oil on my '75.  As this was
the first working efforts on the car, I was unsure
what to expect.  I found out that I had to remove the
clutch slave cylinder to remove the canister from the
car.
</snip>