RE: Spin on oil filter adaptor

To: "Sean OBrien" <saob_100@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Spin on oil filter adaptor
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:29:40 -0400
With a little dexterity you can rotate the housing in situ and swap out
the filter but you get oil everywhere when you do that.

The Bentley manual oil filter instructions should say:

Step 1: Remove engine

:-)

Now you know why many of us have converted to the spin on filters which
are not without their own set of issues but with the right length filter
and the right removal tool and with the whole contraption at the right
angle it is a whole lot simpler than the original arrangement and
reportedly better for the engine.

Stan

<snip>
This weekend I changed the oil on my '75.  As this was
the first working efforts on the car, I was unsure
what to expect.  I found out that I had to remove the
clutch slave cylinder to remove the canister from the
car.  Is this normal for all of you?
</snip>