Re: Fwd: Re: lever action shocks

To: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: lever action shocks
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:34:02 -0800 (PST)
Good point Dave, I wasn't very clear in my posting.  The kit that I
have is the one-piece bracket type.  I got mine from NAR Inc in New
Jersey.  A quick note, there are a few different types of one-piece
bracket conversion kits out there.  The one from VB looks like it's a
cast piece.  The one I got from NAR is made of square steel tubing,
welded together.

As others have mentioned, the multi-piece, bolt-in shock conversion
sold by Moss and others is no good.  It transfers load to the body of
the car, which obviously is not built to withtstand that kind of force.
 The brackets will eventually rip the brackets out of the body.
Personally, I can't understand why Moss and others would sell such a
poor product, especially in light of the new kit that is so much
better.  I guess they probably have a load of these inferior kits still
in stock, and need to sell them before switching to the better product.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6