lever action shocks

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: lever action shocks
From: "STEPHEN KIRSIS" <sakirsis@txucom.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:38:58 -0600
i have been an avid reader and have learned an incredible amount about my 76
tr. i need a little help concerning the koni tube conversion kit i bought in
july for a winter project. started to take the lever shocks off today and
found still a lot of friction and good resistence (i think). i keep looking at
the work ahead of me with the conversion kit and some negative feedback from
the forum about drilling holes in the trunk and putting stress on the body.
how can i tell if the levers are ok and is it worth all the time and effort
putting in the conversion? it is purely a "going to the pub" type car with no
performance prospects in mind. my second project for this season is NELSON'S
reliable clutch--do you think i would be better of sending the shocks back to
moss--i bought the kit on sale for 295.00 and buy the clutch parts with the
money saved?  feed back would be greatly appreciated. thanks steve kirsis.