re: steering rack mounts

To: <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Subject: re: steering rack mounts
From: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:02:03 -0400
Walt, my 75 had the same problem. In fact I could move the steering wheel
back and forth and see the rack sliding through the mounts.  The mounts were
tight but the rack was still sliding through. The fix was to loosen the
mounts and install rubber pads underneath and then clamp down. This added a
little extra tightening ability to the mount and made a HUGE difference.
problem fixed, cost: 2 beers, 2 pieces of scrap rubber (as thick as needed -
I used two pieces of the stock I had on hand)and some fun work under the
car.
Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL
75 TR6 (see you at Jekyll Island!!!!)