starter wiring help

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: starter wiring help
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:12:28 -0400
the 6 just came back from muffler shop with headers attached, put new starter
on; i want to check the wiring.
when i hooked up the gear reduction starter I had to make some wiring
adjustments.   Now i am going back to regular starter i need to retrace my
steps only i didn't keep any notes.
I know the big red wire from the battery still goes to the top nut on the
selinoid.
I have the white wire going to the top clip.(dans book shows WR)
I have a small red and the small orange tied together going to the lower clip,
(dans book shows WO & WO)
The yellow I had taped up , not using, on the gear reduction starter,
Dans book shows it WY going to a clip on the opposite side.
There is no clip there on the new starter or my original lucas.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
al salvatore
76tr6