Re: steering rack mounts

To: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>,
Subject: Re: steering rack mounts
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:16:21 -0400
I had a one half inch sideways loose steering rack. Debated the
solid upgrade, but went with new stock rubbers. When pulled the
old rubbers were actually fine but had not been installed
"compressed" by the PO.

Used vice grips and C clamps to major squeeze the rubbers before
tightening down the u bolts. One summer of driving and steering
feeling is aok.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug,74TR6