Fwd: RE: Adjustable camshaft

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Adjustable camshaft
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
Actually, I don't think the upper timing gear can be "turned over".  I
replaced the timing gears and chain a few months ago.  If my memory
serves me right, the upper timing gear can't be turned over, because
the mounting surface plane of the timing gear is recessed.  If you were
to flip the gear over, it would no longer line up with the lower timing
gear.

The "adjustability" on the stock upper timing gear lies in the fact
that there are two sets of mounting holes in it.  By using one set of
holes versus the other, you can change the cam timing by half a tooth
on the upper gear.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6