Re: tr6 car insurance

To: Tommy Thompson <segerguy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 car insurance
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:07:49 -0400
JC Taylor www.jctaylor.com has similar rates: about $40.00/year for
300,000 liability, and $.70 per $100.00 of car value for collision and
comprehensive. Comprehensive w/o collision is $.35 per $100.00 of car
value.

They must agree to the car value. One picture required -- "no rust, no
primer, no damage".

Officially unlimited mileage, but 2500 mi per year is "recommended".
They assume it will be driven to car shows, maintenance drives, and an
occasional pleasure drive. They do not want it parked in public parking
places and do not want it driven to work. Whatever all that means or
however they enforce it. I think they are counting on the fact that
"most of the time" it will not left be left unattended in public
places.

Not sure where you find a non-public parking place at the local Holiday
Inn when you drive to a car show.

If you make a claim, and they can "prove" to their satisfaction that you
violated the rules, they will pay the claim and cancel your policy.

2500 mi per year is fine with me. There are only 30 weeks per year of
good weather here, and that averages about 83 miles per week. More than
enough.

Second and subsequent cars get discounts.