Re: Car insurance

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: Car insurance
From: Walt Boeninger <walt_boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:28:08 -0700
You can buy whatever liability amount you want to pay for.  I think.
Stated/agreed value only covers your own car.

I have 500K liabilty per car, and then have a 2M umbrella
on top of that for about $300/yr.

Lizirbydavis@cs.com wrote:

> I've been following the string regarding "agreed upon value" policy
> insurance.  I too drive my TR6 every day "for pleasure"...sometimes to work,
> grocery store etc... and am paying too much for car insurance, even though
> the TR is not my primary driver.  While Hagerty etc...  is offering great
> rates for agreed value,  I'm scared to death of their measly $ amounts for
> liability, uninsured driver, medical reimbursement, etc... I certainly want
> to cover the value of my car, but I'm more concerned about my financial  well
> being!  A friend of mine just ran his car into a string of cars (including a
> Mercedes and a Range Rover), then proceeded to take out the front of a
> grocery store.  Needless  to say, he is up to his eyeballs in law suits.
> Even with his high-dollar State Farm insurance (which he thought was
> adequate), he was grossly uninsured for this accident.  I was recently at a
> car show in Va, where an unattended MGB rolled down a hill and almost
> plastered a row of AH 100/4s.  I cringe to think what kind of insurance that
> fellow had.  If the car hadn't been stopped, it would have been a test for
> the best of policies.  Are there any other options?  Can you supplement a
> regular policy (where liability etc... can be negotiated for price) with an
> "agreed value policy"?

 ------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 02 Mustang GT