Re: "Magic Clutch" Kit by TRF

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Magic Clutch" Kit by TRF
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 06:38:24 -0500
At 07:27 PM 10/1/02 -0400, Lizirbydavis@cs.com wrote:

>2.  How about experiences with headers?  I see TRF has a 2 piece system for
>$480.00.  This is twice what everybody else is selling for.  I realize theirs
>may offer some engineering advantages that I don't recognize.  Anyone want to
>wax lyrical on the pluses/minuses of a header system?  Installation,
>longevity, performance improvments?

When I bought the TRF headers for my car and installed them, I immediately
realized what a good value they are and what a knucklehead I had been. That
is because I had spent 15 years fighting with a cheap POS set of headers
that were constantly warping in the flange, causing gasket failure, and
exhaust gasses in the cockpit. When I first bought the cheap set, I spent
about 7 hours grinding in order to get them to fit (should have been my
first clue). Over the years, I had them off several times to have the
flange surfaced to remove warpage, only to have them warp again. The TRF
headers went on the first time with no work needed whatsoever, and have
been trouble free for the 5 years they have been on the car. If you choose
to buy headers for your car, whether you buy the TRF piece or ot, DON'T GO
CHEAP!. BTW, the TRF headers came with 2 ss intermediate pipes included (at
least they did when I bought mine).

NFI

>3.  What is Shipwrights disease, and what are the symptoms?

Start working on your car, and you will soon know what Shipwright's Disease is.

;-)

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58