RE: Aluminum Plug

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Aluminum Plug
From: "Wayne Ross" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:58:02 -0400
Dick,
Thanks for responding again, but what I was curious about was WHY the plug
is aluminum?
I'm thinking there must have been a reason (maybe not a good one) why this
plug is the only one on the block that is aluminum?

Also, since the threads are straight, would'nt a short bolt "fully threaded"
with a copper sealing washer be a better choice? Tapered "self-sealing
threads" would be ideal, but I think you got lucky getting the straight
threads to seal.

Wayne